With the 16th pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76ers select Nikola Vucevic, center out of USC.
From our pre-draft predictions: Nikola Vucevic, C, USC:
enticing prospect for the Sixers namely due to his height—at about
seven feet with a nine-and-a-half-foot standing reach, Vucevic is probably the
longest player in an undersized draft, and of course, the Sixers need
big guys more than just about anything else. Vucevic is a solid player
on both ends of the court, showing a nice touch around the basket and
averaging a block-and-a-half per game in his Junior season at USC. The
main drawback with him, though, is his athleticism—his vertical leap has
been measured as being worse than a good deal of guards in the draft
class, and his lateral foot-speed has been questioned, two qualities
which set off red flags for the guy being a potential stiff. He might
still be worth a dice-roll for a team that occasionally played Thaddeus
Young at center last year, but the lack of athleticism hardly makes him a
natural fit for a team whose identity is centered largely around young
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Eagles lost middle linebacker Jordan Hicks on the second play of Monday night's game against the Redskins.
Hicks suffered an ankle injury and was almost carried off the field without being able to place any weight on his right leg. After getting checked out on the sideline, he was carted into the Eagles' locker room.
After the Eagles originally said Hicks was questionable to return, they ruled him out a little while later.
Hicks was in some clear pain coming off the field. As he waited for the cart, he was consoled by injured safety Chris Maragos, who was lost for the season in Carolina.
Coming into Monday's game, Hicks was listed as questionable with a calf injury. He said he hurt his calf after overcompensating for his injured ankle. On Saturday, when asked if he was 100 percent, Hicks said "who is?"
Hicks played in all 16 games last season but has struggled with injuries dating back to his years in college. He played eight games as a rookie in 2015 before tearing his pec.
Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) was inactive on Monday, so the Eagles are down to Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode and Joe Walker in their base defense.