One of the more surprising pieces of NFL news on Monday was word that the Tampa Bay Bucs would likely be parting ways with Darrelle Revis. Given that Revis is a high profile name that all football fans have heard of, the next step was to obviously wonder if Your Favorite Team would be interested in his services.
Evan Silva of RotoWorld writes that he thinks Philadelphia could be the best landing spot for Revis' services:
I think the Philadelphia Eagles make the most sense for Revis. They are an ascending, 2013 playoff team with below-average cornerback play, an aggressive GM in Howie Roseman, and over $20 million in cap availability. Philly defensive coordinator Billy Davis leans heavily in the blitz, a tactic far easier to execute with reliable back-end coverage. The Eagles haven't been active in free agency beyond re-signing players from within. They'd be wise to make an exception for NFL's top corner.
As we wrote in our Eagles countdown to free agency, one of their biggest needs is cornerback.
>>2014 Free Agency Forecast [RotoWorld] (via)
UPDATE: And then there's this from CSN's Geoff Mosher:
According to a report by ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Eagles are one of two teams to watch when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers cut ties with Darrelle Revis. On Monday night, Schefter had reported that Tampa would cut the All Pro cornerback by Wednesday if it couldn’t find a trade partner (see story).
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — The NBA has fined Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving $25,000 for responding to a fan with inappropriate language.
Kiki VanDeWeghe, the NBA' executive vice president of basketball operations, announced the fine Sunday.
Irving spoke to a fan at halftime of Boston's 102-92 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday night (see story).
The NBA fined Pelicans center DeMarcus Cousins $25,000 for language he used toward a fan late in a loss to Memphis on Wednesday night in the season opener.