The holidays are a magical time when anything can happen, like the Phillie Phanatic running into you on your way back from Starbucks in the middle of the day in Center City, Philadelphia. The Phanatic spent his lunchtime outside Liberty Place with the Salvation Army, willing to do whatever it took to get people to donate, whether posing for pictures or passing out next to an ambulance, in case his presence wasn’t enough of a scene.
After asking a passersby to give it on up to Homelessvile, I have to assume he returned to his home in the Majestic Store at Citizens Bank Park to put the finishing touches on his decorations with Phoebe Phanatic and had some cocoa or something. So, still a more productive and fulfilling day than anyone else in the front office could hope to have.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships