The Phillies open up their 2010 season on the road in Washington, a destination that is sure to bring out droves of Philadelphia fans who find a way to scrounge up tickets in enemy territory. You can view the entire schedule here but the highlights include a series against the Red Sox at Fenway Park which will be the Phillies first appearance in Boston in quite some time (You know, unless it happens in October). They'll also travel to the Bronx once again for a series with the Yankees and to the Great White North for a series with Toronto.
The Zo Zone has additional details of important road stretches and home stands.
I traveled to Boston to watch the Phillies take on the Red Sox a few years back and it was the perfect weekend trip. Phillies fans invaded the Cradle of Liberty and I got to watch a younger Brett Myers throw against former Phillie Curt Schilling. The Sox got the better of the Phils that day but it was a great day to watch some baseball at one of the true shrines to the game. All efforts should be made to try and hit up Beantown once again.
>>Phillies 2010 Schedule [MLB]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.