To the surprise of no one, Cole Hamels (14-6, 2.94) is having a teriffic season. The words Cy Young have even been lobbed around lately, although he'll need to have quite the finish to truly get in the hunt.
Beating the potential front-runner tonight would be a good start. The Reds' Johnny Cueto is absolutely cruising in 2012. His 16 wins and 2.44 ERA are tops in the National League. Needless to say, tonight has pitchers' duel written all over it.
Cueto hasn't fared so well versus the Phillies however. In five career starts, the righthander is 1-2 with a 5.65 ERA. Having said that, the 26 year old really only came into his own last season, and this lineup is not piled to the brim with star power as it once was.
As for Hamels, he's the owner of a perfect record over Cincinnati. In nine starts, King Cole is 7-0 with a 1.44 ERA, and also holds a 1-0, 0.00 postseason victory over tonight's opponent.
Jimmy Rollins has the night off, with Michael Martinez taking his place, but everybody knows it's the Dom Brown show now. Here's the lineup:
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Eagles lost middle linebacker Jordan Hicks on the second play of Monday night's game against the Redskins.
Hicks suffered an ankle injury and was almost carried off the field without being able to place any weight on his right leg. After getting checked out on the sideline, he was carted into the Eagles' locker room.
After the Eagles originally said Hicks was questionable to return, they ruled him out a little while later.
Hicks was in some clear pain coming off the field. As he waited for the cart, he was consoled by injured safety Chris Maragos, who was lost for the season in Carolina.
Coming into Monday's game, Hicks was listed as questionable with a calf injury. He said he hurt his calf after overcompensating for his injured ankle. On Saturday, when asked if he was 100 percent, Hicks said "who is?"
Hicks played in all 16 games last season but has struggled with injuries dating back to his years in college. He played eight games as a rookie in 2015 before tearing his pec.
Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) was inactive on Monday, so the Eagles are down to Nigel Bradham, Najee Goode and Joe Walker in their base defense.