After an off-day on Monday following their interleague loss to the Mariners out in Seattle, the Fightins are back at it this evening in St. Louis, where Ryan Howard likes to feast while Albert Pujols will watch the action from the sideline.
Roy Halladay (9-3, 2.56) will once again attempt to be the first pitcher to win his 10th game of the season and will take on Kyle McClellan (6-3, 3.96). He's faced the Phillies six times, but never as a starting pitcher. In 10 innings of work McClellan has given up 8 hits, 5 earned, and struck out 10 while walking 3.
Tony La Russa is already off doing his Tony La Russa thing batting his pitcher in the eight hole with Schumaker (2B) batting last in the Cardinals order.
Charlie Manuel has opted for the speed-at-the-top order of Jimmy Rollins, Shane Victorino, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Placido Polanco, Raul Ibanez, Domonic Brown, Carlos Ruiz, and Roy Halladay.
First pitch scheduled for a later 8:15 EST tonight from St. Louis. Maybe Charlie can bat Cliff Lee eighth tomorrow night to get his La Russa on.
For more in-depth analysis of tonight's game, check out our friends at ZWR.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh man, oh man, oh man. It's finally here. The 2017-18 Sixers season is underway with our squad locked in a pretty tightly contested game down in Washington after a quarter of play.
We've already seen Joel Embiid attempt to destroy the world -- and get fouled.
But the most buzzed about moment from the first frame of the Sixers' young season was clearly when Markelle Fultz went to the foul line and... well, tossed up some ugly bricks.
This isn't the first time we've seen this but it is the first time non-preseason Sixers fans are seeing it. We wondered aloud if the Sixers were doing the right thing with Fulz prior to tonight's game. The lack of information on his injuries is troubling. So what's the deal with that form?
Well, Twitter had a field day with it.
Although Fultz's shoulder looked perfectly fine on this delicious block! He also had a couple of early buckets.
It's a long season, rook. Just please work on that free throw motion.