Well, The Sixers got killed and the Phillies couldn't score runs. It was a painful night of sports viewing for Philadelphia fans. The Sixers simply can't match up with the well coached Pistons and the Phillies couldn't put any runs on the board against the Washington Nationals.
It looks like the Sixers making the playoffs did nothing for their team except give some of their young talent some experience in playoff atmosphere. Is that more valuable than a potential first round draft pick they could have had if the didn't make the playoffs? Debatable for sure.
The MLB season is still early, but the Phillies don't seem to have any hop in their step. Lieber didn't have his signature control and placement, but even still only let up 3 runs. The bats failed to show up and they lose to the Nationals. The Nationals young starter John Patterson looks like a promising young arm for the upstart Nats. Hopefully the Phils can grab the series tonight before coming back to town to fight some fish.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.