We've written about the connection between Phish and Philly sports fans many times in the past, but this video of Trey appearing on Comcast SportsNet's "The Orange Line" talking about the Spectrum is some of the best proof yet how much Trey loves the Flyers. The footage features of Trey rocking the Mike Richards Winter Classic jersey at their shows this past December. The segment seems to indicate that it was from Phish's final shows at the Spectrum, but it was actually from their most recent shows at the Wachovia Center.
Trey talks fondly about watching the Broad Street Bullies teams as a 12-year-old kid and being there to see Reggie Leach score his 50th goal. "Despite all the concerts and all of the events, that I've played and that I've seen, I think that the Stanley Cup Flyers team owns that room. To me, it's their room. Regardless of what was going on in there, that group of guys built that place. That period in time, the Broad Street Bullies, I was a young kid, I played hockey, I remember the parade. They were my all time heroes," Anastasio said.
I'd say a certain Doctor deserves a spot right alongside them.
It ends with Trey trying to pump up the current team as a Stanley Cup contender. With the way they've been playing, that of course remains to be seen. [video below]
>>Previously: Trey Remembers the Spectrum
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — The NBA has fined Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving $25,000 for responding to a fan with inappropriate language.
Kiki VanDeWeghe, the NBA' executive vice president of basketball operations, announced the fine Sunday.
Irving spoke to a fan at halftime of Boston's 102-92 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday night (see story).
The NBA fined Pelicans center DeMarcus Cousins $25,000 for language he used toward a fan late in a loss to Memphis on Wednesday night in the season opener.