Many of you will get a chance to see some of the new additions to the Linc up close and personal on Sunday when the Eagles take on the Chargers in their home opener. But for the rest of you here is a sneak peek at some of the new additions.
The Eagles have completed Phase 1 of their $125 million renovation to their home and that includes some much improved wifi throughout the building that supposedly supports up to 40,000 simultaneous users. We'll let you know on Sunday just how well it works under pressure.
As you can see in the photos, there is plenty of new wall art. Recent Eagles greats like Brian Dawkins and Donovan McNabb get some prime real estate inside of elevators at the Linc. You can see they moved the retired numbers as well.
Is it Sunday yet?
[gallery columns="5" ids="1040573,1040574,1040575,1040576,1040577,1040578,1040579,1040580,1040581,1040582"]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Carson Wentz is in his second NFL season, but he could already be on his way to his first MVP award.
At least, he's now the favorite.
The Eagles' starting quarterback is now the favorite to win this year's NFL MVP award, according to Bovada. Wentz is just ahead of Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith.
Here's the top five:
1. Carson Wentz: +175
2. Alex Smith: +200
3. Tom Brady: +400
4. DeShaun Watson: +1,000
5. Russell Wilson: +1,200
Basically, this means that a $100 futures bet would win $175. Since Wentz pays out the least, he's the favorite.
It's no surprise Wentz and Smith are atop this list. They have both led their teams to 5-1 records (tops in the NFL) through six games.
Wentz has completed 60.9 percent of his passes for 1,584 yards, 13 touchdowns, three interceptions and a passer rating of 99.6. He's well on his way to becoming the first Eagles quarterback to throw for 4,000 yards in a season.
The last (and only) Eagles player to win an MVP came during the 1960 championship season, when quarterback Norm Van Brocklin took the award.
The last player to win the MVP award in his second NFL season was Kurt Warner in 1999. But Warner had a long road to get to the NFL and was 28 years old in 1999. Wentz is just 24.
Vegas isn't alone with the Wentz hype. According to Dick's Sporting Goods, the Eagles' quarterback has the best-selling jersey of all NFL players. In another few months, those people might have the jersey of an MVP winner.