Fresh off a hunting trip in Alaska, Jason Babin rejoined his Eagles teammates on Wednesday for the start of their second set of optional OTAs. All hands are finally on deck as the players and coaches get back down to business.
That doesn't mean Babin is finished with his world travels. The Pro-Bowl defensive end revealed to reporters that he plans to travel to Pamplona, Spain before training camp begins in July. If that name rings a bell, that's because it should: Pamplona is the most famous site for the annual running of the bulls.
The Delaware News Journal's Geoff Mosher caught some insight into Babin's strategy.
I’ll break it down like this: Bulls can't turn the corner on cobblestone. So as long as you're on the inside you’ll be alright.
There you have it. When turning the corner, bull = bad, Jason Babin = good.
UPDATE: Here's video of Babin talking about Alaska and Spain. As for the Pamplona running? "I broke the tape down like game film."
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.