Your browser does not support iframes.
Ahh, it's good to have Roy Halladay back in our lives again -- not that he's ever not there, what with that bobblehead we keep under our pillow and all. Doc gave his State of the Roy address this afternoon down in Clearwater and said everything you want to hear. He thinks if he continues to feel the way he feels now then he feels he'll do great things in 2013. Feel it.
Also, in an attempt to always change and adapt as a pitcher, he may start hitting guys a bit more per a suggestion from teammate Chase Utley.
We never thought Zoo meant the face breaking thing literally, but who knows?
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
If anyone knows about an underdog from Philadelphia finding that storybook ending, it's Sylvester Stallone.
The man who personified the Philly attitude as Rocky Balboa posted a message to Eagles fans on his social media.
Sly is wearing a custom "Stallone" Eagles jersey in the video and tells viewers he's a diehard Birds fan. He shouts out the great Timmy Brown as his favorite player as a kid.
"I got the ring, I got the jersey, I got the will, I've got the optimism that the Birds are going to fly triumphant over Philly tonight!" Stallone says.
"Keep punching, Philly."
The original Rock also shared an image of the Rocky Statue near the Art Museum decked out in Eagles gear.
"Now here is a statue that REALLY knows how to dress like a WINNER!!!!! I have tremendous respect for Tom Brady and the Patriots, but “… It’s about how much you can TAKE and keep moving forward! That’s how WINNIN’ is done!!!!” EAGLES BY KNOCKOUT!!!," the caption says.