I have to admit, I didn't know a ton about Andy Reid's wife, Tammy. And I certainly did not know she always refers to him as "Andrew." That's just awesome. She is also apparently extremely active in the community. That has been the Philadelphia area for the last 14 years, but now she's going to be transplanted to Kansas City where she'll likely continue her efforts.
Caroline O'Halloran of the Journal Register News Service recently caught up with Tammy to talk about all of her different efforts in the community. She of course talked about her husband a bit as well. Tammy never really understood some of the criticisms of her hubby:
“I know one of the criticisms of Andy during his Philly years was that
he was disconnected from the fans. That always perplexed me … I saw
things differently. I saw a Coach who readily hugged a woman whose
husband once chained her to the bathroom sink for days… I saw a Coach
who signed an autograph for a scared, star-struck child who had moved
into a shelter a week before… I saw a Coach who had no trouble grabbing a
microphone when bidding was low during a silent auction and reminding
the well-heeled crowd why they were at the gala in the first place. I
wish more Philadelphians had a chance to see this caring side of Andy.”
You can read the whole article here.
>>Tammy Reid to keep Philadelphia ties after Eagles, eager to 'jump into' life in KC [Montgomery News]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships