"I've always had a good relationship with quarterbacks. I
know what type of person I am on the inside. I know who I am."
That was Terrell Owens last night after a tough loss to the Giants. I promise this will be my last T.O. post for quite some time, but I felt the need to chime in and add some real commentary to the fun videos that have been posted.
I like Terrell Owens. It's true.
I think he is fairly bonkers half
the time, but I honestly think he believes everything he says. Perhaps
he is one of those people who, when discussing the past, will convince
himself that whatever he thinks it may have been like, then that is indeed
fact. He probably really does believe he had a good relationship with
Did I get a kick out of watching T.O. squirm up there during his press
conference last night? Absolutely. Do I kind of feel bad for the
guy? Sure, maybe a little. Look at this picture. That's sad.
I think there are three key points to be made when it comes to Terrell Owens today:
1.) He is one heck of a football player and a true gamer. Many athletes wouldn't have even suited up yesterday.
2.) At times, he is a lunatic. But he is one entertaining lunatic.
3.) He's a Cowboy. Nobody who calls themselves an Eagles fan can ever root for a Cowboy.
>>T.O. gets teary-eyed [Inqy]
>>More Cowboys Schadenfreude: Don't Worry Tony, Be Happy [The 700 Level]
>>Video: Terrell Owens crys in press conference [The 700 Level]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — The NBA has fined Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving $25,000 for responding to a fan with inappropriate language.
Kiki VanDeWeghe, the NBA' executive vice president of basketball operations, announced the fine Sunday.
Irving spoke to a fan at halftime of Boston's 102-92 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday night (see story).
The NBA fined Pelicans center DeMarcus Cousins $25,000 for language he used toward a fan late in a loss to Memphis on Wednesday night in the season opener.