The Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning parted ways this afternoon leading to the question of the day: where will the Hall of Fame quarterback play next?
Most speculation has Miami as the front runner to land the elder of the Manning brothers, but people in Philadelphia are obviously going to ask whether or not he could be a fit here.
Ray Didinger weighs on the subject, and while he prefaces it all by saying the Eagles are committed to Mike Vick for at least one more season, he also believes they should pursue Peyton. Diddy thinks a Howard Mudd-Peyton Manning reunion tour would look nice in Eagles green.
If I were the Eagles, I would do it and not because it would get the
fans excited and not because it would sell a lot of No. 18 jerseys, but
because it makes a lot of football sense. At least it does to me.
Read Diddy's full reasoning on why he thinks the Eagles should pursue a QB who has had four surgeries in the last 12 months here.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The online petition to ban Pete Morelli from officiating Eagles games is rapidly gaining signatures.
Count Malcolm Jenkins for one.
"I would definitely sign that petition if it came across my desk," Jenkins said with a laugh to NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark on Monday at the safety's Blitz, Bow Ties and Bourbon charity event.
The Eagles beat the Panthers, 28-23, last Thursday night despite a significant discrepancy in penalty yards. It was a game officiated by Morelli's crew — and you can see why that's notable by clicking right here.
"We felt like a lot of those were ticky-tack, or weren’t good calls," Jenkins said after the game. "For us, adversity is nothing new for us. We just kind of strap up and keep playing, and hunker down. We continue to play aggressively, that is the biggest thing. We don’t want that to take away our aggression, or our ability to make plays. So we just go to the next play."
What about the next signature?
Eagles fans just need to get that petition to Jenkins' desk.