Scary news out of the Czech Republic this morning as Flyers winger Jake Voracek was reportedly in a car crash that left his Ferrari totalled. The photos of the crash and story were posted on the Sport.cz website. We believe the accident took place in or near his hometown of Kladno, Czech Republic.
The good news is that there were remarkably no injuries according to the Czech story.
Here's a very rough Google Translate of the key details:
Twenty-three winger, who defends the colors NHL Philadelphia was driving too fast for a truck. The driver then started to turn left and therefore slowed down. Voráček did not manage to stop in time and crashed into the left side of the truck. "The accident occurred at 11:30 am on the road to the town of Kladno Braškov. During the accident no one was injured, alcohol was similar for both drivers on the spot expelled breath test," she said in an interview Sport.cz Kladno police spokeswoman Michaela Novakova, which then outlining the amount of damages.
We'll update this post as more of the facts become clear.
Update: The Flyers released the following statement from Paul Holmgren: "I spoke with Jake this morning. He was involved in a car accident in the Czech Republic. Although his car did suffer damage, there were no injuries. Jake is fine."[gallery ids="1034437,1034438,1034439"]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.