In case you haven't been watching (and judging by the attendance, you haven't!), the Sixers have won three in a row and lost only once since Ed Stefanski took over as President and GM. The team had not previously won back-to-back games this season. True, two of the wins came against the mess that is the Knicks, but we haven't seen a quick turnaround like this since Charlie Donovan told Lou Brown that Rachel Phelps was trying to tank the season. Could the Stefanski presence have anything to do with the outcomes of games this soon into his tenure? It's possible—the fear of being moved or canned can't be overlooked as a motivating factor.
Andre Miller, immediately tabbed as tradebait as soon as word of the King firing came down, has upped his game tremendously over these four games. In the 17 games leading up to this stretch, Miller didn't put up double-digit assists once, and now he's done it four times in a row. Mo Cheeks has to be feeling the heat, and if his players want him to stay in Philly, they know they need to start winning.
For all the fans who wanted to see the Sixers lose (or read about it, we know you're not watching) and get that high draft pick, we may be in for another 10th place, upper-mid-1st pick... Or ya know this could all be a flash in the pan and they could be the horse to the Knicks' reverse cowgirl in a few weeks.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The online petition to ban Pete Morelli from officiating Eagles games is rapidly gaining signatures.
Count Malcolm Jenkins for one.
"I would definitely sign that petition if it came across my desk," Jenkins said with a laugh to NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark on Monday at the safety's Blitz, Bow Ties and Bourbon charity event.
The Eagles beat the Panthers, 28-23, last Thursday night despite a significant discrepancy in penalty yards. It was a game officiated by Morelli's crew — and you can see why that's notable by clicking right here.
"We felt like a lot of those were ticky-tack, or weren’t good calls," Jenkins said after the game. "For us, adversity is nothing new for us. We just kind of strap up and keep playing, and hunker down. We continue to play aggressively, that is the biggest thing. We don’t want that to take away our aggression, or our ability to make plays. So we just go to the next play."
What about the next signature?
Eagles fans just need to get that petition to Jenkins' desk.