Deciding what to do while in Vegas during NBA All Star weekend 2007 surely will be tough. Somehow I doubt I'd fit in at Iverson and LeBron's bash at ICE nightclub. They're doing a four night stand at the club -- ironically one of maybe 3 clubs I have been to in Vegas -- and Saturday night looks like the night.
Hundreds of superstars from the sports, music and movie industries – including hosts LeBron James and Allen Iverson – will descend on ICE Nightclub in Las Vegas for four consecutive nights of celebrity-filled parties during NBA All-Star Weekend 2007.
Saturday, Feb. 17: Roc-A-Fella Roc-A-Wear present The Roc-A-Fella NBA All-Star Weekend Takeover: The Dynasty Continues. Featured guests include Jay-Z, Kanye West, Memphis Bleek, Foxy Brown, Peedi Peedi, Tru Life, Freeway, Young Gunz and DJ Clue
As far as Ice goes, we had a VIP table a couple years back, which was pretty sweet. Goose bottle service and all that. That all went down the drain when the guy in the black suit serving us informed us that you had to pay the bouncers to let girls into your VIP area. You had to PAY THE BOUNCER to allow a girl to come sit next to you. Awesome.
So yeah, I probably won't be chillin' with A.I or Peedi Crack.
>>LeBron James and Allen Iverson to Host NBA All-Star Weekend 2007 at ICE Nightclub [Business Wire]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.