The street saying goes that the king stay the king. But that doesn't seem to be the case this evening as the reigning NBA Power Ranking Champions of Week 1 got slapped around by the Golden State Warriors on their home hardwood.
Former Sixer Andre Iguodala is leading the way and drained a ridiculous six three pointers IN THE FIRST HALF. He made six three pointers in a single game only once in his eight years spent in Philadelphia. He went on to set a career high for threes made in a single game in the second half. Go figure.
After looking like he'd for sure set a career scoring high, Iguodala went on to finish the game with 32 points on 7-11 shooting from beyond the arc with 3 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. The game being out of hand in the third quarter got him a seat on the bench instead of a career scoring high. His Warriors won by a cool 20 points. It was not as close as the score indicated.
But it was the alley oop from behind half court from Steph Curry to Dre that was worth the highlight reel. And how about the NBA being on top of their Instagram game? Nicely done, NBA digital content producers.
YouTube via PBT.
And check out the sick behind-the-back pass Dre pulled off. That's impressive.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Despite coming off an 11-20 season, Saint Joseph's was picked to finish third in the Atlantic 10 preseason poll released this week.
It's the highest the Hawks have been picked to finish since 2012-13 when they were the preseason favorite.
St. Joe's went just 4-14 in the conference last season after winning the A-10 with a 13-5 conference record the previous year. The Hawks have won the A-10 twice in the last four seasons.
Phil Martelli enters his 23rd season as head coach, and he has all five starters coming back. The Hawks lost some key players last season. Shavar Newkirk was averaging 20.3 points per game until he tore his ACL in the conference opener. Lamarr Kimble was averaging 15.5 points and leading the team in assists when he fractured his foot in February.
Newkirk was named to the preseason All-Conference Second Team; Kimble and Charlie Brown Jr. were third-teamers.
St. Joe's begins its season on Nov. 11 at Toledo, with the Hawks' home opener coming the following Saturday, Nov. 18 against Princeton (see schedule).