You see the Andy Reid impersonator in the photo posted this morning? We'd always assumed the guy was a tool, akin to the likes of Sean the pad wearing, screaming fan of Dirty Thirty fame. Turns out the Philadelphia Weekly did a cover story on the Big Red clone this week. You can read it here and judge for yourself. I'm not really sure what the guy's deal is. He doesn't really look anything at all like Andy Reid except it looks like he enjoys a good cheesesteak and puts on a fake mustache and headset.
He is however a quirky guy, something we can appreciate. In regards to his college application:
“The application was a complete joke,” he remembers. “In the last section, which asked
if there was anything else I wanted to add, I wrote, ‘I do not like to read. My favorite
movies are History of the World Part I and Revenge of the
Nerds. I enjoy backgammon.’ When I got waitlisted, I wrote the letter asking
them to still consider me in green ink.”
Now that's dedication. What are all of your thoughts on the fake Andy Reid?
>>Headset of the Class [PW]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
If anyone knows about an underdog from Philadelphia finding that storybook ending, it's Sylvester Stallone.
The man who personified the Philly attitude as Rocky Balboa posted a message to Eagles fans on his social media.
Sly is wearing a custom "Stallone" Eagles jersey in the video and tells viewers he's a diehard Birds fan. He shouts out the great Timmy Brown as his favorite player as a kid.
"I got the ring, I got the jersey, I got the will, I've got the optimism that the Birds are going to fly triumphant over Philly tonight!" Stallone says.
"Keep punching, Philly."
The original Rock also shared an image of the Rocky Statue near the Art Museum decked out in Eagles gear.
"Now here is a statue that REALLY knows how to dress like a WINNER!!!!! I have tremendous respect for Tom Brady and the Patriots, but “… It’s about how much you can TAKE and keep moving forward! That’s how WINNIN’ is done!!!!” EAGLES BY KNOCKOUT!!!," the caption says.