I know what you're thinking. It'd be fun to see Rocky roll out to the middle of the ring in some wheelchair boxing match in the seventeenth installment of the Rocky franchise, but this isn't exactly like that. But there are plans for a Rocky spin-off of sorts centering around Apollo Creed's grandson.
From Hit Fix:
MGM is developing a new chapter in the long-running "Rocky" franchise, with this one focusing on the grandson of Rocky's one-time rival, Apollo Creed.
Sylvester Stallone will once again return as Rocky Balboa, who is now fully retired (we'll believe it when we see it), but agrees to train the young Creed as he enters the world of pro boxing.
I mean, it could be worse, right? I'm sure plenty of South Philadelphia residents would pay a couple bucks just to hear some new remake of the Rocky Theme Music.
The fun part? The rumored star of the movie and decedent to Creed is actor Michael B. Jordan, better known to you as "Wallace" from "The Wire."
I'm hoping they can recruit Kevin Connolly to reprise his role.
>>Rocky spin-off may star Fruitvale Station's Michael B. Jorgan as Creed [Hit FX]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships