The Inquirer has a Rocky quiz up. I got three of them wrong.
Take my much superior Rocky quiz -- winner gets a yet-to-be-determined prize. Email your answers to the700level [at] gmail.com with "ROCKY" as the subject. All questions pertain the original Rocky. Entry deadline is Tuesday night at 11:59 pm.
1.) Who does Rocky fight in his first bout?
2.) How much cash does Rocky get for his first bout?
3.) What song does Rocky put on when he first enters his apartment to feed Cuff and Link?
4.) How do you spell Del Rio?
5.) What does Rocky say the birds in Adrian's pet shop look like?
6.) Who would Paulie like to kill?
7.) To Adrian, it's Thanksgiving, to Rocky it's ____?
8.) How much does Rocky grease the guy to let Adrian on the ice skating rink for 10 minutes?
9.) What's the name of the boxing club Rocky trains at?
10.) Where did Rocky get the nickname The Italian Stallion?
11.) How many raw eggs does Rocky drink before he heads out for his early morning run?
12.) What was wrong with the poster of Rocky at the Spectrum ?
13.) What was the advertisement on Rocky's robe?
14.) What does Rocky say Apollo looks like when he enters the ring?
15.) Who won the bout between Rocky and Apollo Creed?
16.) Tiebreaker: My favorite scene in Rocky is?
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
If anyone knows about an underdog from Philadelphia finding that storybook ending, it's Sylvester Stallone.
The man who personified the Philly attitude as Rocky Balboa posted a message to Eagles fans on his social media.
Sly is wearing a custom "Stallone" Eagles jersey in the video and tells viewers he's a diehard Birds fan. He shouts out the great Timmy Brown as his favorite player as a kid.
"I got the ring, I got the jersey, I got the will, I've got the optimism that the Birds are going to fly triumphant over Philly tonight!" Stallone says.
"Keep punching, Philly."
The original Rock also shared an image of the Rocky Statue near the Art Museum decked out in Eagles gear.
"Now here is a statue that REALLY knows how to dress like a WINNER!!!!! I have tremendous respect for Tom Brady and the Patriots, but “… It’s about how much you can TAKE and keep moving forward! That’s how WINNIN’ is done!!!!” EAGLES BY KNOCKOUT!!!," the caption says.