Boston College rolls into the main line having lost one game all season. Villanova is looking to make it two. I will be at the game tonight hoping to see Craig Smith make 'Nova his bitch. It should be a great game, Villanova should have beaten BC in their contest earlier in the year in Chestnut Hill. I should give a nice little report tomorrow. Todays Inquirer talks about Villanova trying to gain a buy in the Big East tournament.
Link: Philadelphia Inquirer | 02/23/2005 | Wildcats Want That Bye, Baby.
Boston College, which is one 68-65 loss to Notre Dame away from enjoying a perfect season, is coming off a 65-60 win over visiting Syracuse. The Eagles have a pair of 6-7 forwards in Craig Smith and Jared Dudley who complement each other well. The rugged Smith, a wide body, had 16 points and 15 rebounds against Syracuse. Dudley, who scores both inside and outside, ended up with 21 points. Against Villanova last time, Dudley went for a career-high 36 on a night when Boston College needed every one of them. "Their ranking doesn't mean anything to us," said Wildcats swingman Curtis Sumpter. "We just know that we lost a close game at their place, and they're coming in here giving us another opportunity to win." Villanova will have to wait to see whether point guard Mike Nardi can play. He sprained his right ankle during practice on Monday, and his availability for tonight will be a game-time decision.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
If anyone knows about an underdog from Philadelphia finding that storybook ending, it's Sylvester Stallone.
The man who personified the Philly attitude as Rocky Balboa posted a message to Eagles fans on his social media.
Sly is wearing a custom "Stallone" Eagles jersey in the video and tells viewers he's a diehard Birds fan. He shouts out the great Timmy Brown as his favorite player as a kid.
"I got the ring, I got the jersey, I got the will, I've got the optimism that the Birds are going to fly triumphant over Philly tonight!" Stallone says.
"Keep punching, Philly."
The original Rock also shared an image of the Rocky Statue near the Art Museum decked out in Eagles gear.
"Now here is a statue that REALLY knows how to dress like a WINNER!!!!! I have tremendous respect for Tom Brady and the Patriots, but “… It’s about how much you can TAKE and keep moving forward! That’s how WINNIN’ is done!!!!” EAGLES BY KNOCKOUT!!!," the caption says.