Eli Manning and the New York Giants may have been the ones celebrating a Vince Lombardi trophy prior to kickoff on Wednesday night in East Rutherford, New Jersey, but it's Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys who are leaders of the NFC East this morning following their 24-17 victory last night.
Eagles fans have to hate seeing Tony Romo look as sharp as he did against a division rival. He threw for 3 TDs and seemed to spark the makings of a nice relationship with Kevin Ogletree.
But, we knew coming into the NFL's opening night that one team in the NFC East would take an early lead, so in picking the better of two evils, we may as well enjoy the fact that 82,000 or so New Yorkers went home rather unhappy last night.
I mean, just look at those guys pictured above. I've sent texts to my dentist with more vigor.
>>Romo, Ogletree, Cowboys' D shine vs. Giants [AP]
The consensus last night seemed to be that the replacement refs didn't make any egregious mistakes. You can read more on the refs' work last night here.
Finally, as much as we all dislike the Cowboys, Rob Ryan is rather GIFable. From the people at Gifulmination:
Follow The700Level on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
CAMDEN, N.J. -- The first matchup between the oversized point guards will have to wait.
Ben Simmons will not face off against Giannis Antetokounmpo, who is sidelined because of soreness in his right knee, in the Sixers' Saturday evening game against the Bucks. Antetokounmpo is averaging 28.2 points, 10.1 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.3 blocks per game this season.
That’s not the only absence.
Jerryd Bayless, who had started in place of JJ Redick (leg), is out with a sore left wrist. Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot gets the nod at shooting guard.
“It’s another opportunity to show up and make some shots and prove that I can do that,” Luwawu-Cabarrot said at shootaround, also noting he has to play tough defense on Eric Bledsoe (17.7 points per game).
Reigning Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon will also miss the game because of a personal matter, per the Journal Sentinel. Brogdon beat out Joel Embiid and Dario Saric for the award last season.
Markelle Fultz (right shoulder) remains out. He worked on free throws, driving drills, and knocked down a jumper in the portion of shootaround available to the media.