A nice little weekend for the Phillies and Sixers. It started out tough for the Phillies on Friday when they seemed poised again to win late in the game, but their bullpen floundered. (Link to a nice Phillies Blog) Phillies games played on Fridays this year will be broadcast on 610 WIP such as this one was allowing me to catch the tail end on my drive home from work.
The Sixers topped the Cavs on Friday evening 103-98 led by A.I.'s career high 16 assists. Lebron had an impressive 37, 13, 7, and 5 in a losing effort.
Saturday night the Sixers went up against Washington without Allen Iverson. Willie Green stepped in and showed he can play scoring 20 to go along with 9 assists and 3 steals. I think we need to see more Willie on the court in the future. The Sixers blew a 21 point first half lead and were down by as many as 13 in the fourth quarter but fought back to win 112-106.
The Phillies bounced back from a tough loss Friday with a great outing from the great hope of the Phillies rotation Gavin Floyd. Floyd allowed only 3 hits in 7 "dominant" innings. Notice the heading they use in the AP story on ESPN.com.(Video Highlights Included) They must have read my post last week.
The Phillies bats came alive Saturday putting up 10 runs and they topped that production Sunday by scoring 13. Jon Lieber was on fire in his second start as a Phillie retiring the Cards in order into the fifth inning. He gave up a couple of homers late which were meaningless in this game, but costly to my fantasy team. Phillies fans have to be excited about Pat "The Bat" Burrell living up to his nickname so far this season. He currently leads the Majors in RBIs with 15. This fast start has to be great for Pat's confidence; Should be fun to watch this season if he keeps this up.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — The NBA has fined Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving $25,000 for responding to a fan with inappropriate language.
Kiki VanDeWeghe, the NBA' executive vice president of basketball operations, announced the fine Sunday.
Irving spoke to a fan at halftime of Boston's 102-92 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday night (see story).
The NBA fined Pelicans center DeMarcus Cousins $25,000 for language he used toward a fan late in a loss to Memphis on Wednesday night in the season opener.