[mlbvideo id="30442751" width="640" height="360" /]
It was not a great weekend for the first place Braves as they were swept by the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. But the ball promising rookie Evan Gattis absolutely crushed to center field off of Cole Hamels on Sunday may have been the longest ball we've ever seen hit into Ashburn Alley. You can watch the mammoth home run above.
According to ESPN's HR Tracker via CBS, it was the longest home run in Citizens Bank Park history at a tape measure-worthy 487 feet.
Many are pointing out Ryan Howard's home run in 2007 off Aron Harang as the longest ever, but Jayson Stark says the 500+ foot estimate is based on a different system of measurement and that Gattis' blast night is still the longest ever at CBP according to ESPN's system:
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh man, oh man, oh man. It's finally here. The 2017-18 Sixers season is underway with our squad locked in a pretty tightly contested game down in Washington after a quarter of play.
We've already seen Joel Embiid attempt to destroy the world -- and get fouled.
But the most buzzed about moment from the first frame of the Sixers' young season was clearly when Markelle Fultz went to the foul line and... well, tossed up some ugly bricks.
This isn't the first time we've seen this but it is the first time non-preseason Sixers fans are seeing it. We wondered aloud if the Sixers were doing the right thing with Fulz prior to tonight's game. The lack of information on his injuries is troubling. So what's the deal with that form?
Well, Twitter had a field day with it.
Although Fultz's shoulder looked perfectly fine on this delicious block! He also had a couple of early buckets.
It's a long season, rook. Just please work on that free throw motion.