When it comes to highly-talented but often space-cadet-type ball players, Hunter Pence may have just lost one of the best in former teammate Shane Victorino. But that doesn't mean there won't be new cats who fill a similar role on the San Francisco Giants.
CSN Bay Area has video of Pence arriving at the ball park to meet his new team. It's the kind of thing you love to watch if you're a Giants fan seeing your new hired gun interact with your squad for the first time. For Phillies fans, it's a bit weird/sad.
But the fact that Hunter Pence and Tim Lincecum are going to be teammates makes us a little happy inside -- the conversations they will have. [videos below]
>>Pence arrives in SF during NL West race [AP]
Watch Pence meet his new team here:
On the flip side of the Pence-to-the-Giants trade is catcher/1B prospect Tommy Joseph. He had a rather unique day of his own on Tuesday when he started the day playing for the Giants Double-A affiliate, the Richmond Flying Squirrels but ended it playing for the Reading Phillies. The fun part? They were playing each other, so all he had to do was walk from one clubhouse to the other.
Notice a slight difference between the fanfare for a major leaguer like Pence and a prospect like Joseph.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.