How about that amazing fourth-quarter comeback by the Mavericks last night? Dirk put the moves on Chris Bosh in the final seconds and finished off his dominant final minutes with a layup while instantly keeping the series relevant for casual NBA fans across the country.
The above tweet from Bill Simmons came during the run in which Miami took a big fourth quarter lead and the series seemed to heading towards blow-out city, but the point is still relatively cogent. Perhaps the Mavs will prove to be a much more formidable opponent, and I hope they do for entertainment's sake, but the Sixers certainly stood in the face of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh and didn't back down a step, fighting the entire way. It wasn't enough, obviously, but Simmons' tweet was a reminder of just how tough this Sixers team was all season.
And here's some game analysis from our friends at the Basketball Jones:
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships