- Andy Reid's press conference yesterday was hilarious, the bad part is, it's wasn't supposed to be. [Eagles.com]
- In McNabb's press conference: "one of the worst games I've ever been a
part of..." Donovan looked and sounded like he just spent the past 20
minutes crying. [Eagles.com]
- Eagles may sign CB Will Peterson, maybe. [CentreDaily]
- That Jaguar had his camera in the team box area. That's wrong. [PWD]
- I know this is a few days old, but I just saw it. Will Smith could be part of the group, which includes Dr. J., who are interested in purchasing the Sixers. [AllHipHop]
- Temple wins! Temple wins! Owls fans everywhere rejoice by eating some Jello. [CBS3]
- Does this image of Bill Parcels not scare the shit out of you? [NYTimes]
- The Onion Sports show no mercy towards Allen Iverson. [TheOnion]
- Apparently, Eric Snow still plays defense. [Beacon Journal]
- A Google search for "ocho cinco" turns up some funny things. A little YouTube explaining. Chad Johnson isn't all there, but he can sure play football. [YouTube]
- How about some Grateful Dead from the Spectrum in '86 to make your Monday a little better. [YouTube]
Q: Did you watch the game in HD? Dan Deirdorff's makeup looked
terrible and he resembled a zombie. He had dark flesh colored makeup
around his eyes and nose, and the rest of his face was blochy-red.
I must have missed that. Perhaps he was trying to match the amazing Halloween costumes the CBS crew in the truck were wearing. How bad was it when they cut to the view of the guys in the truck wearing masks and Dierdorf joked that he was disappointed that the guys decided against dressing up for Halloween this year. Painful.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.