Since the Phillies are having such a hard time selling out games, they've now resorted to enticing people to the Bank by letting them hang out with former fan favorite's Pat Burrell and Darren Daulton.
Okay, maybe that's not exactly how it went down, but the Phillies are offering a special "Tailgate at the Tent" opportunity prior to Saturday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals celebrating Alumni Weekend. For just $87 if you already have a ticket to the game, or $125 for a tent + game ticket, you can eat, drink, and be merry for 90 minutes with the likes of the Bat and Dutch.
90 minutes is plenty of time to work with, right ladies?
For the hardcore baseball junkies, this is the perfect opportunity to talk to an expert scout for the San Francisco Giants and ask him about the players the Phillies got in return for Hunter Pence.
Or if you're not in the mood to talk baseball, there's always metaphysics and lizards with Dutch.
You'll also receive a Phillies gift bag. Any guesses what that might include?
>>Buy tickets to Tailgate at the Tent with Pat and Dutch
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Oh, you thought we here in Philadelphia were special? You thought Bud Light liked Eagles fans more than they liked Vikings fans?
Bud Light likes fans who purchase their beer.
But yes, Bud Light did make a special little promo for Eagles fans playing off their "Dilly, Dilly!" campaign that for some strange reason many people seem to like. And get this, it uses "Philly, Philly!"
Because it rhymes.
You can watch that right here and the three other spots they made for the Viking, Patriots, and Jaguars below. The Patriots' one is probably the best.