It seems like just yesterday that Charlie Manuel was walking out of Citizens Bank Park with that Wawa bag in his hand for what many thought to be the last time as a member of the Phillies organization. Well, Cholly will never likely be manager again, but he could be back at CBP in another capacity in the future.
Ruben Amaro Jr. hinted at such a scenario back on the day he teared up while sending Manuel packing, but yesterday we learned that Amaro and Manuel have been in discussions about an actual position in the organization for Charlie.
Amaro spoke to reporters yesterday, including CSNPhilly.com's Jim Salisbury, and shared the following:
“Charlie and I had a real good discussion a few days ago,” Amaro said. “I think Charlie is in the process of deciding what he wants to do. He would be a valuable member of our organization. I think he could help in a variety of ways. Hopefully we can work it out.
“We have made him an offer. Hopefully it would be something he'd be interested in doing.
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Phillies fan that wouldn't love to see Charlie back around the team in the future. Now to wait and see what Charlie has an inkling to do with his future.
>>Manuel offered job [CSN]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships