With some major apologies to Peter King -- who writes "Things I Think I Think" each week -- here's some thoughts of my own in a similar manner on the Ravens-Texans battle coming up Sunday. I'll call it "Things I Know I Know."
So here we go.
1. The Ravens defense will have its bad moments. But there will be times when things don't look too bad. With Jameel McClain stepping in for Ray Lewis, the team is going to need some time to settle in on that side of the ball. It's just the same as using a new quarterback on offense. It's going to be interesting to see how they fare as the game goes on.
2. I know that i don't know if Terrell Suggs will play. But I'll bet he doesn't. Let him take the week off and then use the bye week to get stronger. Looks to me like the Ravens might just be playing with the Texans a bit, but that's life in the NFL.
3. Joe Flacco should be able to throw the ball in this game. Even though he's done better at home than on the road -- for whatever reason -- remember what Aaron Rodgers and the Packers did in the air last week versus these guys. Ouch.
4. The Ravens will need to do more of a ball-control plan on offense. Since the defense is struggling now and going through some big transitions and changes now thanks to all of the injuries, the offense could help out a bit by holding on to the ball longer. In years past, the best NFL teams were the ones who could both pass AND run.
5. The world won't end if the Ravens lose. Really, it won't. They've got a two-game lead over the Bengals and already have beaten them. So relax, everyone.