Here is what you need to know on this Monday, September 11, six days before the Washington Redskins play the Rams in Los Angeles.
Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden press conference 3 p.m. (Stream it here.)
—Sunday night Raiders @ Redskins (9/24) 13
—Cowboys @ Redskins (10/29) 43
Redskins vs. Eagles by the numbers
—Kirk Cousins’ passer rating was 72.9. That was his worst passer rating in a game since last year’s season opener against the Steelers.
—Cousins started his 33rd consecutive game. It is the third-longest such streak for the Redskins since the 1970 merger behind Joe Theismann (60) and Mark Rypien (41)
—Ryan Kerrigan started his 97th consecutive game, the second-longest active streak among NFL linebackers.
—After he picked off a pass and returned it for a touchdown in the second quarter he now has three career interceptions and he has scored touchdowns on all of them. It was his first interception since Week 5 of the 2011 season against the Falcons.
—Kerrigan got half a sack against the Eagles. He now has 10-0 career sacks against Philly, by far the most of any active player. Nobody else has more than 5.5.
—The Redskins converted on just three of 11 third downs, 27.3 percent. That was their worst conversion rate in a game since they hit on just 25 Percent in Week 5 against the Ravens last year.
—The Redskins had a net of 200 yards passing (including 40 yards lost to sacks). That is their lowest total since passing for 172 against the Panthers in Week 11 of 2015.
Tandler on Twitter
Red zone problems and third downs on defense, familiar issues, haunting #Redskins again today.— Rich Tandler (@TandlerNBCS) September 10, 2017
In case you missed it
- Five observations: New year, same struggles for Redskins
- Redskins need more from Cousins
- Referee explains that "gut" led him to call Cousins play a fumble
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast: Dissecting Week 1 loss to Eagles
- Familiar issues doom the Redskins vs. the Eagles
- Why Gruden needs to make the Redskins more angry
- Redskins remain confident in Cousins
- Redskins can't overcome four turnovers in loss to Eagles
- Eagles close out game with controversial TD
- Chris Thompson is the Tasmanian Devil, or Harry Houdini
- Kerrigan returns INT for Redskins first TD of season
- Redskins-Eagles Scoring Summary
- Redskins reportedly offer Cousins identical deal
- Redskins vs. Eagles Inactive List
- Redskins vs. Eagles Live Blog
- Reed reportedly affected by broken toe
- Five final thoughts on Redskins vs. Eagles