The Redskins have their 53, now they are starting to put together their 10-man practice squad. Follow along here to track the signings as they are reported.
Update: The team announced these nine additions to the practice squad. They can sign one more player to the PS.
- DL Matt Ioannidis (announced by team)--The Redskins' fifth-round pick was the only draft choice to hit the waiver wire. His development was slower than they expected and the hope is that some time on the practice squad will let him developl
- OT Isiah Williams (Ben Standig)--With only one backup tackle on the 53-man roster, the Redskins need at least one, probably two, on the practice squad. Williams (6-3, 295) will need to add some weight if he is going to crack the 53.
- WR Maurice Harris (multiple)--He had the best camp of any of the group of undrafted receiver the Redskins brought in. Maybe not ready to move up if a receiver gets injured but at 6-3 and with some talent he is worth keeping around
- OLB Lynden Trail (multiple)--Like with Harris, he has size (6-7, 270) that you just can't coach. He's very green and the Redskins would like to groom him and see what he can turn into in a year.
- G Nila Kasitati (Standig)--The Redskins have three interior linemen on the 53 so this appears to be a player they like for the future.
- WR Kendal Thompson (John Keim)--His spectacular catch in the back of the end zone showed that he has some talent and the Redskins want to develop it.
- RB Mack Brown (Keim)--He led the team in rushing in the preseason and his impressive performance against the Bucs in the preseaosn finale, when he rushed for 149 yards including a 60-yard touchdown run, had many believing he warranted a spot on the main roster. But he made it through waivers and is returning to Redskins Park.
- FB Joe Kerridge (player's agent)--The Redskins let FB Darryl Young walk this offseason but they apparently did not want to cut the cord with the position entirely. They like his work ethic and they will keep him around in case the find themselves in need.
- G Vinston Painter (Aaron Wilson, Houston Chronicle)--He was claimed by the Redskins last week and waived yesterday. Apparently he showed enough in a couple of practices and the Bucs preseason game to warrant an extended look on the practice squad.