There are 14,400 six-second increments in every day, which means a single six-second increment is usually not all that important. That all changed in January 2013, however, when Vine launched and turned any six second window into a place of endless possibilities.
Sadly, on Thursday, Twitter announced that it was going to discontinue Vine, and the app was going to fade away in the near future. Vine's website will be kept online, but that shouldn't be taken as any sort of good news; once the app goes away, so, too, does the chance to create new material.
As our form of tribute to what's become a social media staple, here are the 10 best Vines CSNMA has captured in the past few years. Feel free to play this song as you begin watching to truly enhance the somber mood.
10) If every state had an official Vine, like they do flags and mottos and birds, this would be Pennsylvania's state Vine:
9) When you have a goal, you have to give 110 percent to accomplish that goal. You have to fight for it, sacrifice for it and do anything to complete it. It should be all that you think about, from the second you wake up in the morning to the moment you close your eyes at night.
But, if you get tired after a few seconds, it's OK to move on:
8) Most bosses would terminate you the instant you gave them a purple nurple. Jay Gruden isn't most bosses.
7) Vine became really relevant about four years ago and lived a bright and intense life, but it looks like it's going to disappear far too soon.
Sounds a lot like this former Redskins quarterback:
6) Stephen A. Smith would disagree with the inclusion of this Vine:
5) When the Running Man phenomenon swept the nation a few months ago, a lot of people did the dance really well. Then you have these two:
4) Is it too late to get Alex Ovechkin on the presidential ticket?
3) It takes a special person to essentially turn Bryce Harper into a muscular medal rack:
2) It should be a law that anyone who wants to play hockey must first view this Vine before deciding whether to actually pursue the sport:
1) CSNMA's Vine account has roughly 65 million views. This clip, which is the living embodiment of the phrase, "Right place, right time," has 45 million of those views. Kirk Cousins is to CSNMA's Vine views what Justin Bieber is to YouTube's video views:
Farewell, old friend.
MORE REDSKINS: KERRIGAN LEADS JERSEY SALES IN TWO STATES