Here are five plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 129-119 loss to the Boston Celtics in Game 2 of their playoff series that are worth revisiting...
1. Markieff Morris said at Monday's practice that he planned to ask Al Horford whether the play that hurt Morris in Game 1 was intentional. Well, Morris did that right before the game tipped off and he also gave him a little shove out of bounds just minutes later.
Twitter went nuts with this one, of course. And Horford just happened to fall right at the feet of Wizards majority owner Ted Leonsis:https://twitter.com/danecarbaugh/status/859561828304560129
2. Despite being a gametime decision with a sprained left ankle, Morris came through in a big way with 16 points, six rebounds, three assists, two steals and a block. He couldn't miss in the first half, but his nicest play was an assist to Marcin Gortat:
Morris was doing his best John Wall impression:
3. Morris pushing Horford wasn't the only time this game got chippy. Otto Porter's nose gushed blood after Porter and Isaiah Thomas banged heads on accident:
Wizards' Otto Porter heads to locker room with blood gushing from nose after blow from Celtics' Isaiah Thomas pic.twitter.com/jLXIebVFKE— Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) May 3, 2017
Soon after that Thomas and Morris got into it, with Morris pushing Thomas away. Both were given technicals:
Keef "Sit down." and other things. pic.twitter.com/jedf7N3p2U— Hoop District (@HoopDistrictDC) May 3, 2017
4. This play was the missed opportunity that the Wizards will look back on with regret. Wall missed a go-ahead shot attempt, then Bradley Beal missed a potential buzzer-beater. Both had good looks and Beal was wide open. He didn't even come close:
5. That led to overtime where the Wizards were outscored 15-5. Thomas ended up with 53 points, including three on this three-point play which proved to be a dagger:
Now the Wizards are in an 0-2 hole. Game 3 is on Thursday.