Here are five plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 102-92 loss to the Utah Jazz on Sunday evening at the Verizon Center that are worth revisiting...
1. For a dud of a game that saw the Wizards score just 39 points in the first half, Sunday sure had a lot of highlights. Both sides had their moments, including the Wizards despite an overall disappointing performance.
John Wall had another solid game with 23 points, 11 assists and four steals. He had five assists in the first quarter for the sixth straight game. One of his assists came on this play that was highlighted by a deadly crossover before he dished it to Marcin Gortat:
2. Most of these highlights are of the Wizards, but this one by Jazz All-Star Gordon Hayward deserves another look. The other night Hayward posterized Giannis Antetokounmpo and Thon Maker in the same game against the Bucks. On this play he did it to Bojan Bogdanovic:
3. Here is the highlight of the night. It's actually two plays by Wall, but they happened back-to-back. First he got a nice layup after another lethal crossover. Then, he threw down a vicious alley-oop following a steal on the next play:
4. Here are two more from Wall. The first is another dunk on the fastbreak, this a left-handed slam:
And this one is a bit of an honorable mention, given it didn't count. Wall stuffed Hayward against the backboard after the whistle:
5. Back to Bogdanovic. He had his best game as a Wizard so far with 15 points, including three three-pointers. This one was from way far out. Bogdanovic beat the clock at the end of the third quarter with a tough shot in traffic from about 35 feet away from the basket:
Those plays were nice, but it just wasn't the Wizards' night, as evidenced by Markieff Morris fouling out and then getting ejected on the same play:
And Bradley Beal's facial expression on this Rudy Gobert free throw attempt pretty much summed it all up:
mood rn pic.twitter.com/neOMPBaxZW— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 27, 2017