The Wizards were looking to advance to the quarterfinals to take on the Golden State Warriors, but fell in the second round against the New Orleans Pelicans. This won't be their last game of Las Vegas Summer League -- their final matchup will be against the Nuggets on Friday.
The Wizards had built momentum during the past two games with wins over the Dallas Mavericks and the Utah Jazz, but couldn't take care of the ball Thursday. Mistakes staggered them as they committed 19 turnovers in their 97-81 loss to the Pelicans.
- Kelly Oubre struggled with his shot and didn't score a field goal until the third quarter. He scored 10 points, grabbed 3 rebounds and shot 4-of-13 from the field in 28 minutes of action. The majority of his points came on aggressive drives to the basket. He ends his first summer league in the NBA averaging 14.2 points and 6 rebounds in five games.
- Aaron White only saw 11 minutes on the floor and put in a mid-range jumper as well as a layup to total four points for the game. The second-round pick came off the bench for the third straight game.
- Jarrid Famous, who was playing well for the Wizards throughout the Summer League, went scoreless on Thursday and only saw eight minutes of action. He entered Thursday's game averaging 12 points and eight rebounds, but didn't register a field goal and only brought in one rebound.
- Seth Curry, younger brother of Stephen Curry, played like his big brother. Curry came into the game averaging 25 points and had no problem getting his buckets again on Thursday. He scored 26 points to go along with six rebounds and four steals.
- The Pelicans had five guys reach double figures including Curry (26), Larry Drew II (13), and Victor Rudd, Khem Birch as well as Fuquan Edwin scoring 12 points a piece.