Here are the five best plays or moments from the Wizards' 116-106 win over the Pelicans on Tuesday night...
1. Let's begin with an off-court moment that was absolutely great. The Wizards hosted a young Wizards fan who had his basketball dreams come true by way of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
As you can see in this video montage, the Wizards made him part of their pregame starting lineup introductions and gave him a nice tour of the locker room:
"I really can't believe I'm meeting you right now. Just playing as you on 2K the other day."— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) December 20, 2017
❤️ 🏀 pic.twitter.com/GTAWG2ReRW
[PODCAST: JOHN WALL GOES 1-ON-1]
2. The game itself was a wild one. The Wizards went up 25 in the first half, the Pelicans then tied it in the third quarter and by the start of the fourth the Wizards were back up 23 again.
Kelly Oubre, Jr. helped them start hot with this steal and dunk on the other end:
Oubre had 10 points and two rebounds in 29 minutes.
3. John Wall lit a spark with a monster first half of 15 points and six assists. This was his best dime, a no-look feed to Marcin Gortat for an alley-oop:
[RELATED: HOLIDAY GIFTS FOR WIZARDS FANS]
4. Bradley Beal's night did not start out well and he had an injury scare in the third quarter after he rolled his left ankle on a freak play:
It looks like Bradley Beal rolled his ankle on that play. He will stay in the game. pic.twitter.com/Lzexp29yq8— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) December 20, 2017
Beal ended up being fine and he went off for 22 points in the second half to have 26 in the game overall. This dunk happened soon after his ankle mishap:
5. This was a plan that didn't seem all that interesting until we heard the backstory afterwards. Mike Scott, who had a season-high 24 points, hit a shot in the fourth quarter and laughed on his way down the court. He said he was laughing at DeMarcus Cousins, who trash-talked him on the play before:
Scott literally got the last laugh. What a crazy game.
[RELATED: LATEST NBA POWER RANKINGS]