Here are the five best plays or moments from the Wizards' 118-113 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night...
1. Bradley Beal had his worst game of the season othe night before and it was clear early in this one he was intent on bouncing back.
Beal had seven points in his first six minutes, including this dunk on a fastbreak:
Beal ended up with 21 points, but it wasn't a great night for him as you will see in a moment.
2. Ben Simmons (31 points, 18 rebounds) had a monster night and the best play he was involved in. Joel Embiid got a block and Simmons found him on the other end for a big dunk.
Yes, this is a Sixers highlight, but this play was nice:
76ers defeat Wizards 118-113— T/L Sports Media (@TLSportsMedia) November 30, 2017
(PHI: Simmons 31 Pts 18 Reb, Embiid 25 Pts 14 Reb)
(WAS: Oubre Jr. 22 Pts, Beal & Meeks 21 Pts each)pic.twitter.com/PZYgoOccoX
[RELATED: WIZARDS AT THE QUARTER-MARK, BY THE NUMBERS]
3. Here is the aforementioned Beal stuff. While trying to defend a fastbreak layup, Beal was caught by Jerryd Bayless' elbow and had to leave the game for an extended stretch. It was an ugly play:
Yikes. Bradley Beal went down after taking a shot to his face. He is out of the game. Updates to follow. pic.twitter.com/d4JmzRqTKf— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) November 30, 2017
4. Beal would come back and get hot from three as the Wizards mounted an impressive comeback attempt. Here he is knocking one down in the second half:
5. The Wizards made this one interesting mainly because they started fouling Simmons left and right. But the Wizards themselves scored 48 points in the fourth quarter.
Jodie Meeks had 14 points in the fourth, including this three that helped chip away at the lead:
This is a bonus clip. Embiid got a technical and Marcin Gortat's reaction was hilarious:
There were some good moments in this one, but the result was not ideal for the Wizards. They have lost five of their last seven games.
[RELATED: BEAL TO GET EYE EXAM AFTER HIT TO FACE]