Here are the five plays or moments from the Wizards' 93-87 win over the Grizzlies on Wednesday night that are worth revisiting...
1. John Wall played after missing nine straight games and it didn't take long for him to find his groove. He went off for nine points in the second quarter, including this dunk.
He threw it down with his left hand, of course. Just like he never left:
Wall finished with 13 points and four assists.
2. Marcin Gortat had a nice dunk early in the third quarter. He was guarded by Dillon Brooks in the post and made him pay for a big mismatch in size by spinning down the baseline and throwing it down:
Marcin Gorat throws the hammer down. pic.twitter.com/qXa3vTLhkh— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) December 14, 2017
Gortat had 12 points, eight rebounds and two blocks.
[PODCAST: DAVID ALDRIDGE ON THE WIZARDS]
3. Otto Porter had a solid game with 14 points, nine rebounds, two blocks and a steal. However, he had a bit of a rough night with a few tumbles and this play where James Ennis may or may not have gotten him with a cheap shot below the belt:
Otto Porter just got hit in a tough spot to get hit. pic.twitter.com/dunUDe8qde— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) December 14, 2017
4. Soon after that things got chippy between the two teams after Mario Chalmers and Jason Smith got tangled up. Chalmers sort of shoved Smith and he wasn't happy about it. Ennis then stepped in and double technicals were assessed:
Cool, Chalmers. Pull a guy down as he's falling— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) December 14, 2017
SMH 😡 pic.twitter.com/8LKIUUTNgP
5. Here is the play of the night. Late in the fourth quarter, Chandler Parsons attempted a dunk after driving baseline. But Wall met him at the rim and stuffed him.
It was a vintage block for Wall and it showed that his timing and instincts weren't affected much by the layoff:
"No thanks, Chandler."— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) December 14, 2017
– John Wall, probably pic.twitter.com/pOAsu4eK0C
The Wizards got a win the hard way in this one, but they got the win. On to the Clippers, who come to town on Friday.
[RELATED: LATEST NBA POWER RANKINGS]