Those around the 49ers believe if Anthony Davis were serious about attempting an NFL comeback this season, he would have filed for reinstatement off the reserve/retired list long ago.

But the 49ers’ official nine-week offseason program concluded Thursday without any hint of Davis, who started 71 games for the 49ers at right tackle from 2010 to 2014 before announcing in June 2015 that he was stepping away from the sport.

Davis was plagued by various injuries throughout the 2014 season. He missed four starts late in the season after sustaining a concussion. In announcing his decision to step away, Davis said he needed time to allow his brain and body a chance to heal.

[MAIOCCO: 49ers' O-line coach: Davis would have to prove himself]

On Saturday night, Davis again stated his intention to attempt to play again while answering a question on Twitter, in which a fan stated he wanted to buy Davis’ jersey: “I Will Play Ball. They Won’t Be Selling My Jersey Any Time Soon.”

The Tweet has since been deleted. 

The 49ers have not issued Davis’ No. 76 to any player on their 90-man roster. The 49ers maintain Davis' contract rights he he chooses to attempt a comeback.

Last week, 49ers offensive line coach Pat Flaherty said if Davis comes back, nothing is going to be handed to him.