One of the best parts of every World Cup are the reactions to big moments.
Every four years, hardcore and first-time soccer fans are living and dying with every kick of the ball. If there's a winning goal in stoppage- or extra-time, you're just about guaranteed to see videos of those fans go viral.
If the United States Women's National Team is able to win its first-ever back-to-back title in France on Sunday, there are going to be plenty of those big moments. The USWNT squares off with the Netherlands in the final on Sunday (8:00 a.m. PT), and must knock off the reigning European champions on the road to repeating.
Luckily, the Bay Area is filled with places to watch the American women try to win another World Cup. Here are some of the best.
The San Jose Earthquakes have hosted viewing parties Avaya Stadium all tournament, and will do so again Sunday. You can RSVP here.
The San Francisco Parks Alliance and San Francisco Parks and Recreation will co-host a watch party for the final at Civic Center Plaza.
If you're looking to sing songs and dress up in red, white and blue, look no further than the unofficial supporters' group of U.S. Soccer.
- Oakland: The Athletic Club, 59 Grand Ave.
- San Jose: Jack's Bar & Lounge, 167 E. Taylor St.
- San Francisco: McTeague's Saloon, 1237 Polk St.
- Santa Rosa: The Toad in the Hole Pub, 116 5th St.
Where else can I watch?
Despite the early kickoff for West Coast fans, plenty of places in the Bay Area will be open bright and early to broadcast Sunday's match.
Here's a sampling:
- Glen Park Station: 2816 Diamond St., San Francisco
- The San Francisco Athletic Club: 1750 Divisadero St., San Francisco
- Blackthorn Tavern: 834 Irving St., San Francisco
- Sláinte Oakland: 131 Broadway, Oakland
- Luka's Taproom & Lounge: 2221 Broadway, Oakland
- Grand Lake Theatre (Soccer Without Borders fundraiser): 3200 Grand Ave., Oakland
- Berkley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive: 2155 Center St., Berkeley
- Rookies Sports Lodge (two locations): 99 S. First St., San Jose and 1535 Meridian Ave., San Jose
- Old Pro: 541 Ramona St., Palo Alto