Willie Cauley-Stein and his agent are trying to make the decision for the Sacramento Kings.

After four years with the Kings, the 25-year-old center is a restricted free agent. If the Kings make Cauley-Stein a qualifying offer, they have the ability to match any offer he receives and bring him back.

But according to agent Roger Montgomery, the former first-round draft pick doesn't want that. He has no interest in returning to the Kings.

“I really think Willie needs a fresh start,” Montgomery told The Sacramento Bee's Jason Anderson on Saturday. “Based on how things have gone for him there in Sacramento, I just think it’s time for Willie to move on and we’d really like him to move on.”

Montgomery told Anderson that he doesn't want the Kings to make Cauley-Stein a $6.3 million qualifying offer.

“We’ve kind of hoped that things would change over the years and Willie would get a chance to expand his game, get a chance to get some consistency there in terms of the roster turnover and the coaching turnover and the things that have not been steady there,” Montgomery told The Bee. “That being said, I’m hopeful they will not even give Willie his qualifying offer so Willie can be an unrestricted free agent.”

Earlier this offseason, Kings general manager Vlade Divac was asked about the possibility of working out a new deal with Cauley-Stein.

 

[RELATED: Kings address shooting with draft picks]

“It’s a tough question,” Divac said. “We would like to keep Willie in terms of his talent potential but he still needs to show us the consistency that we are looking for. We are talking.”

Based on Montgomery's latest comments, Cauley-Stein doesn't want to talk to Divac and the Kings anymore.