2018 Final Season Average Increased +69% Compared to Last Season
Increased Ratings Registered in Key Advertising Demographics,
“A’s Pregame Live” and “A’s Postgame Live”
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – October 2, 2018 – NBC Sports California (@NBCSAuthentic), “Home of the Authentic A’s Fan,” has posted a significant rise in ratings for the Oakland A’s during the 2018 MLB season, including household ratings in the San Francisco DMA (San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose) and key advertising demographic categories, along with increased streaming numbers.
For the 2018 MLB season, NBC Sports California’s A’s television averaged a 0.94 household rating – a +69% percent increase over 2017’s viewership, and a +43% percent increase over 2016’s viewership. The A’s 2018 household rating is the highest final season average in four years (1.33 in 2014).
Additional highlights from the A’s 2018 season include:
- Since the All-Star break (July 20-Sept. 30), the A’s averaged a 1.29 household rating, up +153% compared to the same period in the 2017 season;
- The August 8th A’s-Dodgers game earned a 2.21 household rating and is the highest-rated A’s game since August 2014;
- The August 17th A’s-Astros game registered a 2.17 household rating and is the second-highest rated A’s game since August 2014;
- Significant ratings gains compared to the 2017 MLB season were also delivered by A’s Pregame Live (+78%) and A’s Postgame Live (+131%);
- Ratings in key advertising demographics have posted increased numbers, including A18-49 (+11%) and M18-49 (+40%); and
- During the 2018 MLB season, streaming of A’s games has seen 113K unique devices consume 22.8M minutes, up +64% and +83% respectively across both metrics, compared to last season.
NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California, both part of NBC Sports Regional Networks, serve more than four million households in Northern California, Nevada, Southern Oregon and Hawaii. NBC Sports Bay Area, the television home of MLB’s San Francisco Giants, NBA’s Golden State Warriors, and the official regional sports network of the San Francisco 49ers, also features a robust lineup of Emmy Award-winning news, analysis and original programming. NBC Sports California offers live coverage of MLB’s Oakland Athletics, NBA’s Sacramento Kings, NHL’s San Jose Sharks, MLS’s San Jose Earthquakes and is the official regional sports network of the Oakland Raiders. Collectively, these networks deliver more than 600 live game broadcasts per year. NBCSportsBayArea.com and NBCSportsCalifornia.com provide fans with comprehensive digital coverage of the hometown teams with original stories and content from a team of “Insiders,” breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights and multimedia video clips. Follow both networks on social media –Twitter: @NBCSAuthentic; Instagram: NBCSAuthentic; Snapchat: NBCSAuthentic; and Facebook: facebook.com/NBCSAuthentic.