Bournemouth and Watford must say their good-byes to the Premier League, while Chelsea and Manchester United can say hello to the UEFA Champions League.
Wins by the latter two clubs clinched their third and fourth place, respectively, and spots in Europe's top club competition, while Aston Villa's 1-0 win over West Ham United sealed the Cherries and Hornets' spots in the Championship next season. Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur finished fifth and sixth after losing to Manchester United and drawing Crystal Palace, respectively, and both clubs thus sealed spots in the Europa League.
While Liverpool clinched the title over a month ago, there was plenty at stake on the final day of the Premier League season. Watford needed to better Aston Villa's performance in order to avoid relegation, while Bournemouth needed a win and some help. The Cherries did all they could, beating Everton 3-1 at Goodison Park. A Villa defeat would've been enough for Bournemouth's safety, but a draw at the London Stadium ensured the Cherries will drop down a division.
With the 38th and final set of fixtures in the rearview mirror, here's what the Premier League table looks like to end the season:
- Liverpool (32-3-3, 99 points, Plus-52 Goal Differential [GD])
- Manchester City (26-3-9, 81 points, Plus-67 GD)
- Manchester United (18-12-8, 66 points, Plus-30 GD)
- Chelsea (20-6-12, 66 points, Plus-15 GD)
- Leicester City (18-8-11, 62 points, Plus-26 GD)
- Tottenham Hotspur (16-11-11, 59 points, Plus-14 GD)
- Wolves* (15-14-9, 59 points, Plus-11 GD)
- Arsenal* (14-14-10, 56 points, Plus-8 GD)
- Sheffield United (14-12-12, 54 points, Plus-0 GD)
- Burnley (15-9-14, 54 points, Minus-7 GD)
- Southampton (15-7-16, 52 points, Minus-9 GD)
- Everton (13-10-15, 49 points, Minus-12 GD)
- Newcastle United (11-11-16, 44 points, Minus-20 GD)
- Crystal Palace (11-10-17, 43 points, Minus-19 GD)
- Brighton (9-14-15, 41 points, Minus-15 GD)
- West Ham United (10-9-19, 39 points, Minus-13 GD)
- Aston Villa (9-8-21, 35 points, Minus-26 GD)
- Bournemouth (9-7-22, 34 points, Minus-25 GD)
- Watford (8-10-20, 34 points, Minus-28 GD)
- Norwich City (5-6-217, 21 points, Minus-49 GD)
Key: Bold means Champions League qualification, Underline means Europa League qualification, and Italics means relegation. An asterisk indicates the club could qualify for the Europa League, depending upon the results of the FA Cup on Aug. 1.