The Warriors' season ended in disappointing fashion Friday night, as they lost to the Memphis Grizzlies in the play-in tournament.
So that means it's time to turn the page to the NBA draft, which is scheduled to be held July 29.
But before the draft comes the lottery, slated for June 22. And because the Warriors will not be in the NBA playoffs, they are lottery-bound.
Golden State finished with the best record among the 14 teams who fell short of the playoffs, which means there are five possible outcomes:
- No. 1 overall pick: 0.50 percent chance
- No. 2 overall pick: 0.56 percent chance
- No. 3 overall pick: 0.63 percent chance
- No. 4 overall pick: 0.72 percent chance
- No. 14 overall pick: 97.59 percent chance
And of course, the Warriors will pay very close attention to what happens with the Minnesota Timberwolves because the Dubs possess their top-three protected selection.
Needless to say, June 22 is a very important date for the franchise.
Follow @DrewShiller on Twitter