With the NBA season days away, it's time to offer some bold -- and not so bold -- predictions about the Warriors' 2021-22 season will unfold.
1. Steph Curry finishes the season 50-40-90
While Curry has hovered around the highly-respected 50 percent overall field-goal shooting, 40 percent long-range shooting and 90 percent free-throw shooting mark throughout his career, he has actually accomplished the feat only once, during his unanimous MVP season in 2015-16.
Despite the need to take a career-high number of attempts last season due to the Warriors severely lacking other scoring options, Curry still only finished 1.8 percent overall shooting away from a 50-40-90 season.
With the roster improved and more scoring threats on the court, Curry can find more open shots, elevating his percentages back to the illustrations 50-40-90 club.
2. Draymond Green finishes over 30 percent from 3 for the first time since 2017-18
Green's plummeting 3-point percentage has been a topic of conversation for over five seasons now. However, there is reason for slight optimism that he could finally see his efficiency improve from long range.
In the last 39 games of the 2020-21 season, Green shot 31.3 percent from deep, including a 22-game stretch in which he shot a respectable 34 percent. The Warriors are hopeful that Green can be more assertive this season in looking to score.
If he can look to fire away without hesitating, there is a good chance his percentages increase alongside his confidence, and vice versa.
3. Jordan Poole averages more than 17 points per game and finishes in the Top 3 for the Most Improved Player and Sixth Man of the Year awards
Despite having three lottery picks on the roster, the most excitement regarding a young prospect rightfully falls on Poole, the No. 28 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. At only 22 years old, Poole already has shown signs of becoming one of the premier scorers on the Warriors.
Poole has earned the opportunity he will receive this season, and he's ready to make the most of it.
Over his final 37 games of last season, Poole averaged nearly 15 points per game in just over 23 minutes of action. As his playing time increases this season -- and the confidence the coaching staff has in him continues to grow -- Poole should see an uptick in his production across the board.
The sky's the limit for Poole, and he will start to elevate to new heights this season.
4. Five or more rotation players finish above 40 percent from deep
The Warriors finished ninth in the NBA in 3-point shooting at 37.6 percent last season, which is better than some would expect, in large part due to Curry's sensational numbers on high volumes.
Of all the Warriors players who shot over two long-range attempts per game, only two finished above 40 percent: Curry (42.1) and Kent Bazemore (40.8). Damion Lee just missed the mark shooting 39.7 percent from deep on the season.
This upcoming season, the Warriors reloaded with players who can provide playmaking and spacing, especially when Klay Thompson returns. New free-agent additions Otto Porter Jr. and Nemanja Bjelica should give the Warriors more sharpshooting than they have had in the last couple seasons.
It would not be a surprise if Curry, Thompson, Porter, Bjelica and Lee shoot above 40 percent from deep this season, while players like Andrew Wiggins and Jordan Poole could approach that efficiency in a dream scenario for the Dubs.
Juan Toscano-Anderson shot over 40 percent from 3 point range last season but on minimal attempts, so should he shoot more from distance next season, there's a chance he could join the group as well.
5. The Warriors set a franchise record for most 3 point makes and attempts in a season
This Warriors' roster is ready and willing to fire away from deep, and unlike seasons in the past, coach Steve Kerr does not seem to be committed to forcing them to find "better" shots. Part of the reason is that the current Warriors players are simply better than they were in the last couple of seasons at spacing and shooting.
At the end of the day, the bigger the green light for the Warriors to shoot open 3s, the better chance they have to feel the confidence to make them. The big question mark will be how the Warriors respond and adjust in games in which they struggle to shoot from long range, which inevitably will happen.
Until told otherwise, however, this Warriors team will keep launching.