The Bruins weren't exactly at full strength when they took on the Blues in the Stanley Cup Final.
We knew about the injuries to defensemen Zdeno Chara and Matt Grzelcyk, but it turns out there were many, many more where that came from. During Friday's availability, several B's players revealed they battled through injuries for much of their 2019 playoff run.
Here's the full list:
- Brad Marchand says he battled groin and oblique issues, and a sprained hand that he re-aggravated during the Bruins' pre-Stanley Cup Final scrimmage.
- Zdeno Chara had multiple fractures in his jaw that required several plates and wiring in his mouth. The veteran D-man also will have an MRI for a nagging lower-body injury that sidelined him for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals vs. Carolina.
- Patrice Bergeron dealt with a groin injury throughout the playoffs but will not need surgery.
- David Pastrnak re-aggravated his thumb injury in the second round vs. Columbus.
- Noel Acciari played with a broken sternum suffered vs. Columbus and injured his foot in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.
- John Moore says he is due for shoulder surgery after suffering an injury during the regular season.
- Kevan Miller had a fractured kneecap that required surgery at the end of the regular season.
- Jake DeBrusk says he battled through a concussion since the first-round hit by Toronto's Nazem Kadri.
Click here to download the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Celtics easily on your device.