- Hernandez death ruled suicide; three notes found near Bible
- Curran: Hernandez's life and death was all about choices
- Sheriff Hodgson on Hernandez’ relationship with his father
- In death, Hernandez's murder conviction likely to be tossed
- NFL player reaction to Hernandez's suicide run the gamut
Because of that, police delved into the possiblity that Hernandez's secrets around his sex life played a role in the murder of Lloyd. Here's what Newsweek's Michele McPhee wrote:
He was convicted in April 2015 for shooting and killing his friend, Odin Lloyd, seemingly without motive. But interviews with multiple law enforcement officials directly involved in the case say Lloyd—a semipro football player who was dating Hernandez’s fiance’s sister at the time—had information the football star did not want out: that he was bisexual.
The relationship Hernandez had with a former high schoool classmate was at the center of Hernandez's murder investigation. And that classmate, who was Hernandez's alleged lover, testified in front of a grand jury during the Lloyd murder trial.
Hernandez also included his alleged lover when he split up his money into three accounts. The account for his lover had more money than the ones for Herandez's fiancee and daughter.
This comes after the Daily News' report that Hernandez wrote three letters before his suicide: one to his fiancee, one to his daughter and one to another inmate, who is another one of Hernandez's male lovers.