The Patriots' reported contract agreement with Bills All-Pro cornerback Stephon Gilmore apparently was just as lightning-quick as it seemed.
FREE AGENCY BEGINS
- Report: Patriots reach contract agreement with Bills All-Pro cornerback Stephon Gilmore
- Toucher & Rich: Is there now a better secondary in the league?
- Report: Pats may deal Butler to Saints for Cooks
- Report: Patriots expected to re-sign Duron Harmon
- Source: Pats close to finalizing two-year deal with Branch
CSN's Mike Giardi reported that the deal came together Thursday morning . . .
Source says Pats jumped in on Gilmore this morning. Wonder why?— Michael Giardi (@MikeGiardi) March 9, 2017
And that it may affect Malcolm Butler's future in Foxboro, since the fact Gilmore's reportedly receiving $14 million a season while Butler has been unhappy with the Pats' financial offers since last offseason probably won't go down too well . . .
I know one immediately connects Gilmore to Ryan, but let's wait and see what happens with Butler.— Michael Giardi (@MikeGiardi) March 9, 2017
To review my reporting: Butler pissed about $$ since last spring. No real negotiations post-SB. In season offer essentially same as post...— Michael Giardi (@MikeGiardi) March 9, 2017
(from Tuesday) No real progress made on a longterm deal for Malcolm Butler, hence the 1st round tender.— Michael Giardi (@MikeGiardi) March 9, 2017